What's new

Can we expect a second volume of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Given how cheap it was, and the number of guys like me that wanted to relive this from their childhood, and given the fact that the newer show has probably gotten new fans curious about the old show...I can't imagine that this didn't or isn't selling very well for a TV on DVD product. I fully expect that season 2 will hit eventually.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Given how cheap it was, and the number of guys like me that wanted to relive this from their childhood, and given the fact that the newer show has probably gotten new fans curious about the old show...I can't imagine that this didn't or isn't selling very well for a TV on DVD product. I fully expect that season 2 will hit eventually.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

There are about a dozen GBA carts that are actually episodes of cartoons. It's new; just a few weeks old. Click here to find out more.

Note that the TMNT eps are from the 2003 show.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

There are about a dozen GBA carts that are actually episodes of cartoons. It's new; just a few weeks old. Click here to find out more.

Note that the TMNT eps are from the 2003 show.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Sorry guys I should've said...

So how about it Dave, you or Gord ever see any of those gameboy episodes? I know it's not tv on dvd but a interesting idea.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

Sorry guys I should've said...

So how about it Dave, you or Gord ever see any of those gameboy episodes? I know it's not tv on dvd but a interesting idea.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I considered posting a news item at TSoD about it. I even had a great headline planned out: TVShowsOnGameBoy.com: You Can't Play It! :laugh:

In the end, I nixed the idea of the news item without even consulting with Gord. The fact is that we're a DVD site, and TV Shows can be available in a *wide* variety of media that aren't DVDs.

It kind of reminded me of a lesson I learned in my retail store days: "Sell anything that's profitable, but stick to you store's subject matter: you could proabably sell Playboy magazine and make a few extra bucks, but is it appropriate if you're a shoe store?"

Well, I could report on GameBoy carts that have TV shows on them, and the story would get quite a few hits, but is it appropriate for a DVD site? Nah. So I skipped it.

To answer the actual question: I've seen these for sale in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and I think Target. I gave them a pass...$20 for 2 half-hour episodes was not economical for me. As for the idea of watching episodes on-the-go, there's portable DVD players, laptop computers, and in-car players as well. Lots of competition for the concept. Plus, they specifically made sure they can't be run via the Gamecube's "Game Boy Player" unit, so that A) noone would complain about the low resolution, and B) no competition to DVD sales.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I considered posting a news item at TSoD about it. I even had a great headline planned out: TVShowsOnGameBoy.com: You Can't Play It! :laugh:

In the end, I nixed the idea of the news item without even consulting with Gord. The fact is that we're a DVD site, and TV Shows can be available in a *wide* variety of media that aren't DVDs.

It kind of reminded me of a lesson I learned in my retail store days: "Sell anything that's profitable, but stick to you store's subject matter: you could proabably sell Playboy magazine and make a few extra bucks, but is it appropriate if you're a shoe store?"

Well, I could report on GameBoy carts that have TV shows on them, and the story would get quite a few hits, but is it appropriate for a DVD site? Nah. So I skipped it.

To answer the actual question: I've seen these for sale in Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and I think Target. I gave them a pass...$20 for 2 half-hour episodes was not economical for me. As for the idea of watching episodes on-the-go, there's portable DVD players, laptop computers, and in-car players as well. Lots of competition for the concept. Plus, they specifically made sure they can't be run via the Gamecube's "Game Boy Player" unit, so that A) noone would complain about the low resolution, and B) no competition to DVD sales.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Didn't Artisan release it not Lion's Gate? That's what it said at tvshowsondvd anyway. I really want Season 2 too and I think it will come just give it time from what i've heard last time I asked the question it sold really well.

The one thing that would be cool to see again would be the toy commercials

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I assume TMNT isn't Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I suggest using the full title at least once before dropping into acronyms.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, I figured any fan would know what TMNT stands for now adays, considered it's used in the opening credits of the new show, but yeah, it means Ninja Turtles

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, to a fan it is easliy understood as to what TMNT stands for but not everyone reading this forum is a fan of that show so it is wise to use the full title.

Nothing has been announced that I've heard but then again its only been since April that season 1 came out so its not like we've been waiting forever hardly a time to panic or really to wonder, most shows go longer than 3 months without news of a release.

I can't imagine that this didn't sell really well, it was relatively cheap and the nestalgia had to bring in some customers.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
True, it hasn't been that long since Season 1, but I'm hoping it sold well enough that maby Season 2 might come out before the end of the year. It might be too soon to hope for that, but for a bare bones release, it might be possible..

Guess I should change the tone of my original note. It certainly won't help attract a reply from any Lions Gate Rep browsing the board :).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One of the reasons we ask people to use full names in thread titles, and not acronyms, is that it makes searching easier. I remembered having to expand TMNT to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" in another recent thread title; so I knew I could find it with a title search. Neil, your thread has now been added to the previous thread. And remember: the search function is your friend.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks