What's new

Can vga to component cables give me 720p resolution? (1 Viewer)

Jason:Ben

Auditioning
I am looking to get a vga to componenet cable to use my 61" hdtv as my monitor. I was wondering if this type of cable will do my tvs native rsolution 720p. And if the quality would be comparable to a video card with hdmi out and using an hdmi cable? THanks alot.

PhillJones

Second Unit
It can be done but you might need powerstrip (freeware graphics card customizer thingy) to tweak the output of your graphics card to something your TV will like. I've never done it as my plasma has a dvi input so don't know a lot about it. Get yourself over the http://htpcnews.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12393 and read up on powerstrip. Don't rush into it, you can hurt your TV if you're not careful. You'll need 1280x720 resolution and you will probably need to tweak the timmings.

The quality will be good but I'd guess the hdmi cable would be slightly better or maybe you won't be able to tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks