What's new

Can this Picture problem be fixed by me or an ISF Tech? (toshiba 50hx81) (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I am viewing one or two bright hrizontal lines on screen most of the time. It is there on different inputs and different pic size settings. It appears mostly when there is a bright picture and the lines are all the way across the screen and are located 1/3 of the way down the screen from the top of the TV.

(if any of you know the rule of thirds (layout and design people) then it would be located right at the bottom of the top "third" of the screen.

Any one else see this? CanI fix this my self? Could this be fixed with an ISF calabration?

My set is the 50HX81, my cable is not Digital, and my DVD in the Panny RP56. The TV is calabrated using an overlay grid for the geomotry 56pt congergence along with a Video Essentials calabration too.

Thanks for al your help.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
How thick are the lines? Are they stairstepped (with jaggies)? Are they tilted?
I would look for an electronic matting control (vertical blanking duty cycle control) in the service menu. These lines might be due to the electron beam not shut off adequately (it still wiggles back and forth a few times and some of the content of non-picture containing scan lines 484-525 may show up brightly) as it returns to the top of the screen for the next video frame.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
The lines are perfectly all the way across the screen. They are not jagged at all. I would say that the line is maybe not even 1/16th of an inch thick.

I really hate getting into the service menu doing anything other than the overlay grid for the geometry. but if someone wants to walk me through it I might be brave enough to do it, if the problem is what you say it is.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks