What's new

Can this be done? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys, a while ago I posted about taking my 2 old bose 601 subs and making a box. I just don't have any money for a sub right now.... None. It really doesn't matter if I screw up because the speakers will be garbaged if I don't try. Now here is my question... The bose have their own crossover, can I still use this? Another question is that I have ordered the JBL NSP1 and the Onkyo 595. I currently have an old realistic amp, can I use this to power my subs? Can I hook it up to the Onkyo? Thanks for all the help to a newbie. If it doesn't work it will be fun to try at least!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Taylor,

First, welcome to the Forum!

I’ll answer as best I can with the information you provided.
I currently have an old realistic amp, can I use this to power my subs? Can I hook it up to the Onkyo?
Yes, but you have to keep in mind its output capabilities (or lack thereof).

Just send the receiver’s “Sub Out” to an input on the amp. If it is an integrated amp, turn it volume up about ¾ and reduce the receiver’s sub output level. This will keep the sub signal from overloading the Realistic’s inputs.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks