What's new

Can this be done???? (1 Viewer)

JayM

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I have a Sony 36xbr400 (thinking about trying to exchange for the newer 450 model, but that is another story)
I just got a progressive scan Dvd player. I learned that the sony doesn't do the auto squeez with a 480 progressive signal. I have to change it in the the menu every time i want to watch a DVD. Is there a way in the service menu to set it in squeez mode so I don't have to keep changing it. It isn't that big of a deal, but I liked the auto squeeze.
Also, does the 450 have the same problem?
Thanks

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,
By "auto-squeeze", do you mean the feature where the DVD player will automatically resize 4:3 material (add black bars to the left and right), so that it will be properly displayed on a 16:9 set that "locks" into wide-mode when a 480p signal is fed to it?
I know the Panasonic RP-91/61K does this. I know the Sony's do not have this feature....
-Ryan Dinan
------------------
Link Removed

JayM

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,
No, the other way around. My TV has an auto Squeeze feature. It squeezes 16:9 material to fit a 4:3 screen without losing any resolution.
In interlaced mode, it does this without a problem, but in progressive mode I have to manually do it. I was wondering if the that feature can be permanently turn on in the Service menu of my Sony 36XBR400.
Or if anyone else has any other fixes for it. There was a post on HTF about this before they upgraded the servers, I can't seem to find it, so they must have gotten rid of it.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks