What's new

Can the surround speakers be the same as the front speakers (1 Viewer)

rodchar

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney
Can rear speakers and front speakers be the same like the following:

Klipsch R-41M Powerful Detailed Bookshelf Home Speaker Set of 2 Black

Would it be worth it? Are the ones above decent for the price? I’d be upgrading from a Sony DAV-HDX589W all-in-one system (purchased around 2008)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, matching speakers can be used for the front and rears. Can't say if the Klipsch speakers will sound better than your current speakers. Amazon offers free returns, so it can't hurt to give them a try.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yes, matching speakers can be used for the front and rears. Can't say if the Klipsch speakers will sound better than your current speakers. Amazon offers free returns, so it can't hurt to give them a try.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Can be? I'd go a step further and say, should be! Having all 5 speakers acoustically matched is a good thing. For my home theater I bought three pairs of identical speakers, so that I have a 6.1 array, right front, center, left front, left rear, center rear, and right rear all the same.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
You'll find most HTiB sets will sell identical speakers for the front and rears.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And yes, ideally all speakers in a system should be identical, but that is often impractical.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sure, in my living room, I have ELAC Debut bookshelves all the way around and a matching center, but if you want to go big for the front, especially L&R, it's not practical, feasible or even physically possible to match the speakers all the way around. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go big for the front, though, just because you can't match all the speakers exactly.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There are always Acoustically Transparent projector screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks