What's new

Can the HK AVR-525 be programmed or adjusted w/o OSD? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I am considering buying a 525. For example, if I wanted to adjust the sub while playing a CD. Can this be done by using just the front panel display only, w/o having to turn on the TV for the OSD?

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Hit the white CH button on the remote. Then press the down arrow below the SET button, it will display subwoofer volume. Press SET and then adjust with the left and right arrow buttons.

So the answer to your question is YES.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
Greg,

Could you list other adjustments (and how to make them) without the OSD? The manual is like playing "Where's Waldo?"
Everything is in there, but hard to find.

Thanks

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Doug,

What do you mean by "other" adjustments?

If you mean other speakers besides the subwoofer, its the same procedure. After pressing the CH button you can cycle thru all the speakers by pressing the up or down arrow around the SET button. Find the one you want, press SET and then adjust the volume with left or right arrows. Press SET when you finished and go to the next speaker.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
"What do you mean by "other" adjustments?"

The adjustments I meant were related to not having to return to AVR in order to adjust anything in the OSD menu.
Actually, this question is a waste of time because I have programed my DVD buttons and they no longer work as you indicated.

I believe I could program the buttons so I could get to Stereo, Dolby, DTS NEO, etc. When I listen to music, some sounds better in some modes, some in others. I'll try it as a "punch through" control and see if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks