Can SVS CS subs be painted???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Reno, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I know its an odd question, but can the exterior of an SVS be painted? After removing the black material of course! Would it have any effect? Just curious more than anything.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Won't effect anything. Not sure if the polymer coating on the outside of the tube is smooth or not though. I also don't know how strongly the fabric covering is attached to the tube. Might be a pain to get off without roughing up the exterior of the tube (provided it's actually smooth).

Although, make sure you don't get any paint on the driver, binding posts or plug any of the grille holes with paint.

Reguardless, just send SVS tech support an email and they'll be able to give you the specific information that I can't.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I can almost guarentee that a big yellow sub will sound brighter and make the Beatles comes alive. [​IMG]

4. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    As long as you don't paint the ports or drivers you should be fine. I'd e-mail SVS with your question...

5. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor