1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Sony VPL-HS1 handle a progressive video signal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Vo, Sep 24, 2002.

1. John Vo

John Vo Agent

I was wondering if the VPL-HS1 can handle a progressive scan signal. I am currently trying to figure out a component video cable solution but it is a moot point if this projector can't handle the signal. Thank you in advance.

-John

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Sony Cineza VPL-HS1 Specs
    Acceptable Video Signals: DTV (480i, 480p, 1080i, 720p) Progressive component; 15K RGB/Component 50/60 Hz system; Y/C Video, Composite video
    Acceptable Computer Signals: RGB: Horizontal 19 to 72 kHz, Vertical: 48 to 92 Hz)
    I'm guessing you have to go through the PJ Multi connector. What connector(s) does the SIC-HS10 Signal Interface Cable Multi-V/L/R have?

3. John Vo

John Vo Agent

Ahh good. I see that it can handle 480p signals. I was told otherwise. Right now, the SIC-HS10 doesn not have component cables but the SIC-HS40 I just ordered does.

The problem I have is that the hs40 is only 5 meters long and I need a 7 meter cable. Does anyone know of a good RCA connector that will allow me to connect two component cables together?

Thanks in advance,

John