Can someone tell me where this picture was taken?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it's been used in a ton of movies, but if I recall, there's a shot from Tommy Boy that looks just like that (when they visit Zalinsky).

DougR

Second Unit
Good ol' Chi-Town !

From the Looks of the Color of The River....St. Patty's Day !

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Hard to beleive that is Chicago. That architecture has a very asain look to it.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Yep, "Marina City", a Federally subsidised middle-to-upper-income housing development in Chicago. Architect was Bertrand Goldberg Associates, year of bid was 1960. There are 128 efficency apartments, 288 one-bedrooms, and 32 two-bedrooms per tower, and the lower floors (below the gap about 1/3 of the way up) are a parking garage. Or, at least, they were — I thought I heard that it had been demolished?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I think I remember them in the Tom Hanks/Jackie Gleason movie Nothing In Common also.

The reason I remember is because they have a rather precarious-looking parking garage on the lower levels that looks like you could easily let your clutch slip and go sailing over the edge.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

The first time I got to watch a film being made was at the base of Marina City.
Mickey One (1965), starring Warren Beatty, had a scene with a big piece of self destructing art. I spent hours one cold night during the winter of 63-64...watching that thing go up in sparklers and fireworks, over and over.
I've got a one sheet from the movie on my wall.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els