Can someone tell me if the PS2 version of NCAA 2004 has a widescreen option?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Daniel Becker, Jul 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

Last years Madden didn't so I was worried about this years NCAA 2003. Thanks

Dan.B

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Last year's NCAA did as I recall though.

I haven't picked up this years version yet, so I'll let you know once I finally grab a copy.

Glen

3. Daniel Becker

I know last years NCAA had the widescreen option on all 3 platforms. However, that was because NCAA 2003 was running on Madden 2002's engine. Now, NCAA 2004 is running on last year's Madden engine which DID NOT have the widescreen option. It all comes down to the online component and that made it difficult for the PS2 to handle a widescreen mode as well.

It just sickens me when I think about how the PS2's lack of processing strength keeps the Xbox and Cube versions of Madden so visually stunted. If EA worked on a pure Xbox version of Madden you would see some amazing visuals. Instead we get the lowest common denomenator dictating how good the other version look as well even though the other 2 don't feature the online play. [​IMG]

Dan.B

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

It does. Mine was set up that way by mistake, so I wondered why everyone looked so thin.

I have yet to try it on my friends 16:9 Panny; my setup is 4:3.

5. Christopher_S

Christopher_S Stunt Coordinator

It does. I've been playing the PS2 version on my 50" widescreen Toshiba, and it looks freakin' great.

6. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

I'm 99% certain that Madden 2003 has a widescreen mode, cuz I used to use it all the time.

Sean

7. Daniel Becker

I was only talking about Madden 2003 on the PS2. The PS2 version did not have a widescreen mode. I think the addition of the online play took to much processor power and they couldn't do the widescreen mode. This year they've clearly got more out of the PS2 as I picked up NCAA 2004 last night and it looks really nice and has the widescreen mode while still having online player available. Really nice game. [​IMG]

Dan.B