What's new

Can someone tell me how to identify the "corrected" DTS version of Jurassic Park? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
As far as getting the dts versions of all 3 films in a boxset, I bought the dts versions of both JP1, JP2 and JP3 at local b&m's. The disk for JP3 came with a mail in offer for the box and the 4th disk.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Bolivar and Jeff,

The replacement offer is still on. Just send them an email to confirm it. Then send the disc only in, you will probably get it in 2 weeks. LFE on the corrected DTS version is totally amazing. Well worth your effort and stamp :)

Alex,

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone confirm that the boxed set of all 3 only has dolby digital on the first two, and dts on the 3rd? Deepdiscountdvd lists DTS-5.1 for all three in the description on the Jurassic Park trilogy, but at some other websites, it says that only the 3rd movie has DTS (in the trilogy package).

Steve

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The boxed set has only DD 5.1 on "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World." Jurassic Park III has both DD 5.1 and DTS.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yes dts only on JP3. Can anyone confirm if JP3 still comes with the offer for the 4th disk and box/case? If so, you can buy JP1 and JP2 in separate dts versions like I did and then send in for the 4th disk and box using the coupon that is inside the JP3 dvd.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone confirm if JP3 still comes with the offer for the 4th disk and box/case? If so, you can buy JP1 and JP2 in separate dts versions like I did and then send in for the 4th disk and box using the coupon that is inside the JP3 dvd.
I can't say for certian, but I asked this same question myself some time ago, and I think the answer was no. I ended up putting my box set together by a fourm member selling me his bonus disc and box. I got "The Lost World" and "J.P. III" from a the Universal free DVD offer a while back and then just bought "Jurassic Park"

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So I bought the DTS version. It's got the red grid on the back. I see R2 on the hub but nothing that says D2. The case has those locking tabs that appear on some DVDs now, so I figure it's a recent version. So, do I have the right version?

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I've got the same thing with mine. Each of the two layer labels seems to have the string R2SP0 in it, but I don't see anything that says D2. The other thread seems to indicate that it's on the artwork side, but the only thing that I can see there was an IPPI with an number after it. It does have a red grid on the back though (although I find it hard to tell that it's red on that gold color, probably somewhat due to being somewhat colorblind). I won't get to it tonight, but I'll toss it in my computer tomorrow and look at the date of the file. I'd guess it's the corrected one.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
As do I. I got it at Best Buy for $9.99, so I hope they are not simply trying to get rid of their bad DTS stock (I would really doubt that after all this time there are any still in circulation, but you never know...). Is it safe to assume that the bad discs will all have the D2R0 or D2R1 numbers (and that, by elimination, any discs with different numbers are OK)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks