What's new

Can someone tell me how to fix this error? (1 Viewer)

EddieN

Agent
hmm ... I think this error can be caused by a plethora of things. First off more info would be good, what OS are you ? what's in your startup folder or what starts automatically when you first boot ? not really too important but what kinda connection do you have to the net ?
Seems like whatever program is starting when you boot is trying to hit a url on the net and it can't get there so it errors out.
------------------
- Eddie

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
From MS knowledge base article q150537 Windows Sockets Error Codes
"WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND 11001
Host not found. This message indicates that the key (name, address, and so on) was not found."
Async Lookup is generally associated with a DB lookup, either in SQL or Exchange. API = application programming interface. Some program is trying to talk to itself or another app, and not finding what it's looking for.
Have you made any recent changes to components related to database or mail prior to the error occuring?
As noted by Eddie, a bit more info would be helpful. OS ver, apps running(particularly those launching at startup), any recent software/hardware changes/file deletions.
Hope this helps.
T

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Thanks for the help here is some more info:
Windows 98 ver. 4.10.1998
Programs loading at start:
Zone Alarm
Task Schedular
Auto Config
Norton Antivirus 2000
MS Messenger
Programs/Files Recently deleted
( The error started last night after I tried installing VB6)
VB6 did not work, (downloaded wrong file) so I deleted it
I deleted these files that were associated with VB in windows directory having to do with vb applications. I think this was a mistake!
Interactual Player 2
PC Friendly
I also get this error when I try to view a document from my browser :
"Visual Basic Environment counld not be initialized, run setup to install correctly"
What setup do I run. I have already reinstalled Internet Explorer 6. I will try that again.
Thanks for your help!!
------------------
My DVD Collection
[Edited last by Scott Burke on October 05, 2001 at 03:17 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks