Can someone teach me how to crimp these plugs?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by David K., Jul 25, 2004.

1. David K.

David K. Second Unit

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

This really isn't as difficult as you're trying to make it.

If there's no insulation on the item being crimped; it stands to reason one would use a die designed for noninsulated pieces.

If the item being crimped is insulated, then obviously use a die designed for insulated pieces.

The size of the die, is chosen based on the size of the item being crimped.

The people that sell this stuff should be able to answer any and all of your questions, that's their job. If they can't, find a supplier that knows their business.

As I recall from your previous posts you're going to be selling these? If so, why are you paying retail prices? You need to set up wholesale accounts. How does one do that? Ask the suppliers.

3. David K.

David K. Second Unit

i sent an email to them but they ignored it [​IMG],

Wholesale requires a lot of money to invest upfront, Im jsut a part time college kid that makes stuff like this because its fun [​IMG].

anywho, I wanted to experiment with those plugs, but i do not think I will be using them to sell, since people on ebay will not spend more then $80 for cable.

my last cable cost me $100 in raw materials and the highest ebay auction got to was $50! so i was like forget it, no more.

so then i opted the cheap method and made generic canare 4s11 terminated in bi-wire with those taiwanese gold plugs every one uses, no techflex, just 4s11 naked with heat shrink on the ends and naked leads with taiwanese plugs...

i put one up for auction with pics from my web cam and in 3 days ive had 14 watchers!!! compared to my last exotic cable with 2-3 watchers in 7 days.

the plugs are very cheap, no where near as good as the vampires(these are the same plugs used for all generic canares on ebay) i had in the previous auction, but people on ebay arent willing to spend money on cables, unless they are original zu, audioquest and kimber kables, which are the only cables with high resale value there :/

people there do not understand the value of good connectors :/,

i just wanted to expand my experience and venture into other connectors for fun.