Can someone recommend a...erm....<i>bowling</i> game?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rock, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

On any system?

I'm looking for a friend. I used to have Brunswick Pro Circuit Bowling for PSX, and I liked it. Anyone tried Ten Pin Alley, or the one with the Animaniacs?

Edit: I guess there's no HTML tags in the titles of posts.

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Personally I like the bowling mini-game in Super Monkey Ball 2 a whole lot. I also liked Tekken Bowl in Tekken Tag Tournament.

I know they're not terribly realistic, but i had a lot of fun with them.

3. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

4. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

I have 10-pin Alley for the Saturn and it's probably the best bowling game I've ever played (hmm...maybe the only bowling game I've played). It's been a while since I've played it so I don't remember many details, but I do remember that it was fairly realistic while still being very fun to play (kinda like Hot Shots Golf, I suppose). They also released it for the PS1 (I rented it once), and it played just the same but the graphics were a little cleaner on the PS1 version. Coincidentally, I saw a new PS1 copy at my local Best Buy for $10 about two weeks ago.

I have played bowling on Super Monkey Ball 2, and I agree with the others in saying that it's a blast as well.

5. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Chris:

Just grab Super Monkey Ball (1 or 2) and play bowling on one of them.

Your money will be better spent on either of those two than just about ANY standalone bowling game you can buy. [​IMG]

6. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

This may not be much help, but League Bowling on Neo-Geo is great!

7. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Thanks for the ideas.

I owned Super Monkey Ball 2 - and I remember that Monkey Bowling was a blast. I'd almost forgotten about it. I sold that game, though, due to it's incr-eeeee-dible difficulty. I might give it another try, though.

I'm gonna try to snag a copy of Ten Pin Alley for PS1, too. I think EBGAMES.com has it (used) for $5. (Or maybe it was Gamestop.com - I don't remember.)

8. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Chris:

Super Monkey Ball 1 has a somewhat simpler (I THEENK) game of bowling, just a straight lane. I seem to remember from screenshots that 2 had weird lane configurations and such.

It DID take me a while playing through Story mode to unlock it (one of my complaints about the game), but once it was unlocked, the gameplay couldn't be simpler. Just set your position, set spin with the shoulder buttons, and pray you don't get a split. [​IMG]

9. James T

James T Screenwriter

I know we just celebrated it a couple months back, but Elf bolwing is fun. It's a java game. I don't know where ot get, I just always get it in my e-mail.

10. EdR

EdR Second Unit

SMB 1 and 2 both offer straight-up normal bowling, SMB2 adds special modes where the lanes curve, and others undulate and move.

Definitely go for SMB2 because they improved the physics a lot. in SMB1 it's rather easy to figure out a method to get strikes...in SMB2 it's much more difficult.

I've never bowled a perfect game in either, but my best scores in SMB1 are much higher than SMB2.

Believe it or not, I like the special mode in SMB2, it adds more difficulty and definitely tests your familiarity with the physics of spin, versus speed, versus ball position, etc. In any case the variety is good.