Can someone please tell me what movie this is?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by cafink, Sep 15, 2002.

1. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I remember, a few years ago, seeing an interesting clip from a movie on a late-night talk show. I was under the impression that the movie in question was "Pulp Fiction," but having finally seen "Pulp Fiction" for the first time earlier tonight, it did not contain the scene. I guess my mind was just playing tricks on me!

Anyway, all I remember of the scene was a gun fight where two people shoot at each other simultaneously, and their bullets collide in mid-air. I remember an ineresting shot of the two bullets smashing into each other.

I'm afraid that I don't remember what talk show this was on, or who the guest was, or any other details about the clip or the movie it's from. About the only clue I can give you is that I believe the movie is probably no older than about ten years, and no more recent than perhaps four or five.

I know this is not much to go on, but if anyone can identify the film in question I'd be most appreciative!

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

The first movie that comes to mind with a scene like that is The Shadow, with Alec Baldwin and John Lone.

3. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Carl Fink wrote:

4. Chris James

Chris James Stunt Coordinator

Face/Off did not have a bullet "colliding" in mid-air scene. Along with Andy, The Shadow is the only one I can remember.

5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I think what Rex was talking about was the shot that Cage and Travolta take at their own images in a mirror. Without having seen it before in detail, you could conclude they hit in midair.

That was what I thought of also when I saw the question, although The Shadow is the only verified bullet impact I've seen (I think). Just imagine the odds for a normal human being to accomplish that! Only the Shadow knows!

6. Leopold Ernst

Leopold Ernst Auditioning

The action masterpiece Full Contact, directed by Ringo Lam and starring Chow Yun-Fat, features a shootout near the end where two bullets collide in mid-air, and it looks really cool (they didnt use digital effects).

7. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

It's definitely not "Face/Off," which is one of my favorite movies of the past few years.

I haven't seen "The Shadow" or "Full Contact," though, so I will check them out and let you know.