Can someone PLEASE help me with GTA-VC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard_T, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I can't seem to get off the level "The Shootist" It's the one where you have to go to the Ammunation place and shoot the targets and try to beat a score of 60 points. All I can get is 35!! I've tried anything! It's too damn hard! I'm even thinking of finding a cheat to get past it which I never usually do. Can anyone give me some advice on how to beat that damn level??HELP![​IMG]

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I got the majority of my points in the first stage, then played conservative by keeping the cursor in a quadrant of the screen and waited for the the people-targets to appear somewhat near my crosshairs. If they are too far away, they will disappear before your crosshair gets to the target.

Not a lot of help, but you just have to play patiently and you'll make it. Good luck.

-Dave

3. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

Exactly what Dave said. Got lots of points on the first stage (more than 50% of the required total), then took it easy on the next two, making sure I hit the "sure thing" targets. In fact, I barely scored at all on the last stage, but it was enough to put me over the top.

Come to think of it I should go back to Ammunation and try to increase my percentage.

4. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

well, I've tried a good 20 times and all I can get in the first part of the level is 21! I've almost totally given up on it. The second and third parts to the level are freaking ridiculous! HELP![​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

That's it. I officially give up. After 30 tries, all I can get is 51 points! I just can't do it. I'm going to ask the question I never wanted to ask. Is there a cheat to get a mission complete? I hate that it has come to this but That level is going to drive me right round the bend. Well? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

OK, here's how I scored 71 on that board:

1st set: Concentrate on the far target, following it to the right side of the screen as it is cleared. Then keep pegging it as fast as you can when it reappears. Only shoot the other targets if they cross your line of view. This should be good for nearly 40 points if you practice and do it fast enough.

2nd set: Place the crosshairs in the bottom right corner of the top left window. When the board starts, only wory about targets in the left-most windows, top and bottom. As long as you don't miss any, you should gain about 12-16 points.

3rd set: If you did the other boards successfully, you can take the easy route here and concentrate on the center windows where the target goes up and down. If you need a few more points, or want a higher score, you can try pegging the guy that pops out of the bottom right door, and maybe the back left outcropping. If play it safe, you should get around 8-10 points. If you try a little harder, it's not that hard to get 12-15 points.

The main thing is to not try to do too much at once. That's where you mess up. If you try to cover the whole board, you'll end up missing the first target as it leaves, then feel rushed and miss the next one you try. Just stick to a comfortable section of the board, and you'll find that it's easier than it seems.

7. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Thanks John, I'll give it a try. I'm at my wits end.

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If it's that bad, put it down for a week. Play some other games, etc... When you come back to it, you'll probably zip through it no problem.

-Dave