What's new

Can someone please help me find the name of this show...? (1 Viewer)

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer
I would be most eternally grateful if anyone can help me remember the name of this show... It was about 20 years ago, and if memory serves correct, was on for about 2-3 years. It came on late Friday nights, sometimes VERY late. The premise of the show was that it took old black & white movies, and re-dubbed lines over them to create a new "story line", with some very slapstick comedy.

I am sorry that I can not give a more detailed description of the show, but for some strange reason, it just popped into my head not too long ago, and like an old song you can't get rid of, I don't think that I can let go until I find out the name, and it is killing me... The name "Madcap Movies" keeps rotating around, even though I know that not to be the name.

Can someone please help me to end this anguish? I would be so grateful.... TIA...

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Was it by any chance "Mad Movies with the LA Connection?" That was on around 1985 and was the same premise you describe.

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
I remember this show! It was called "Mad Movies with the L.A. Connection". It was HILARIOUS!!!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I never saw this but it looks interesting. Of a similar interest you might try Jay Ward's Fractured Flickers although it is less structured as it is a montage of clips from silent movies joined together in sketch like segments voiced by many of those found in Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

I think we have a winner... THANK YOU so very much for helping me with that... I had heard rumors that they have released this on DVD, but only as a direct from the manufacturer release... Can anyone confirm that? If so, do you have the info to share....?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I remember that too. I always thought it was Mystery Science Theater 3000 or a segment from Whose Line is it Anyway? that I was remembering. But it was that show.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer
Can someone close this thread please as the question has been answered...?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks