What's new

Can someone please explain bi-wiring? (1 Viewer)

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
Also, I was looking at speaker cable and what is the difference between spade and banana?

What do paradigm reference speakers use?

JackS

Supporting Actor
Either termination will work equally well in my opinion. However, you may want to check the spacing on your amp and speakers. Some are so close together that the barrel on the bananas will not allow for a good connection. Many people prefer spades, and if in doubt, go with the spades.

RicP

Screenwriter
What do paradigm reference speakers use?
Paradigm Ref Speakers use 2 sets of 5-way binding posts so you can use either bananas or spades. However, Paradigm uses larger than normal posts, so if you want to use spades, you'll have to specify 1/4 inch or "Large" spades.

Obviously if you're going to bi-wire the Paradigms, be sure and remove the metal jumper bar that connects the two sets of binding posts together prior to bi-wiring.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Ric, I have Paradigm 40's (like you) but I found that 1/4" spades don't fit. I needed to bend my original terminations slightly. You need 5/16" to clear the posts. Just to make sure, Tony should get at least 5/16" for proper clearance.

RicP

Screenwriter
Evan, you are correct...my bad on the sizing.
Yes 5/16 is what you'll need for the Paradigm 40's. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks