can someone name this movie and tell me if it is on dvd??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

it was a movie about a classroom who were taken hostage by a few men weraing rubber masks and one was known as father christmas. They end up ina cave and set up so they kill their attackers. i believ they were all english. i could have sworn it was called fortress but I am not sure. Could someone help me. It used to be on HBO all the time in the 80's. Also is it on dvd? Thank you for your help!!

-B

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    They were Australian, but otherwise you have the name of the made for TV (in the US, at least) movie right. It starred Rachel Ward. IMDB Listing is here. It's not on DVD, but you can order it on VHS.
    Regards,

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Sounds like an HBO "original" movie starring Rachel Ward ("original" in quotes because HBO didn't produce it but it first aired on cable). It was indeed called Fortress. IMDb doesn't indicate a DVD release, and I don't remember seeing one.

M.

4. Brian Fineberg

Awesome guys thanks a ton. It waas one of those movies were you could swear you saw it but it almost seems like a dreamas if you really never saw it. cause it was a long timwe ago. Thanks for your help!!
    -B[​IMG]

5. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

This movie sound vaguely familiar... Was there some kind of lake in the cave they were in, and they found they could escape the cave by swimming through an underwater tunnel to the outside?

6. Brian Fineberg

Yup that was it. I was young when I used to see it and when the woman got into her underwear I used to get all excited . I remember th masks to be one was a duck, one was santa clause and I think one was a rabbit. :b