Can someone inform a newbie...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarcoBiscotti, Dec 23, 2003.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Wow, before reading through this forum I really had no idea that so much was required to properly integrate a home thatre into one's home...

My house is already finnished, I plan to set-up a home theatre in the basement in the next few months, however I have been reading so much on this board about sound proofing and in-wall wiring and all these other technicalities that I realise... I'm totally lost!

I don't even know where to begin... can someone please break down all the basic initial steps for me... is it not enough to just purchase the proper hardware and equipment and than have it professionaly installed and calibrated? I was focussing on doing just that and than investing the rest on aesthetics but now I'm concerned that there seems to be a lot more I just don't know about. I want to do this right, so if anyone can offer some advice it would be extremely helpful and appreciated!!

What are the first steps, what needs to be done to do this right?

Thanks so much guys!!

2. Lyle_E

Lyle_E Stunt Coordinator

I am no expert by any means but can I or we see photos of the space? curiosity really...

Me being a cheap (not really cheap just have too many other things requiring money - a wife and 2 teenage daughters[​IMG] ) guy I would start with budget..

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Hey Lyle, I'll try to get a picture for you. The house is done but I don't move in until the beginning of March. I'll try to stop in sometime in the next week to snap a shot though...