What's new

Can someone give me some info on the Sony NS725P DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Reading through a couple other threads today I noticed some really detailed reviews by "DVD secrets" and they gave very detailed results for a bunch of dvd players. I also saw someone else complaining about the Denon 2900 player and it's chroma issues. I'm basically just wanting to know if anyone has heard of chroma issues with the Sony NS725P dvd player? Thanks for any info.

Dan.B

Parisis

Agent
I have had the new sony for @ a month . No problems. The progressive Picture is stunning on my Panasonic. I do not think it has the chroma problem, however I have no experience to compare it too.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Thanks,

The thing is I didn't think a lot of players had the chroma problem and I figured the new Sony progressive players would likely be free of it. I guess what freaked me out a little was when I heard that the $999 Denon 2900 had the chroma problem among other video problems I was kind of scared I might have the problem with my Sony player. As of now I haven't noticed anything though either. :)

Dan.B

Nick V

Second Unit
As far as I know, all of the Sony players suffer from the Chroma Upsampling Bug.

Parisis

Agent
I went back and reread some of the info about the "chroma Bug" . Obviously this is real problem just like jitter was in CD Players and other audio/video bugs over the years. All I know is that I watched Gangs of New York yesterday and it was a totally enjoyable experience. If the Sony has this bug, it's not anything I've noticed in the 15 to 20 DVD's I've put through it. I love tweaking my setup but believe if you have to look so hard for a problem , how can it be a problem? In the $100 - $150 price point the Sony is a nice player. BTW I also tried one of the new Panasonics and was happy with it except 2 of the front buttons quit working the first week. Take care all.

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I agree totally. If I haven't noticed the chroma bug yet and my player has it than it must not be that big of a deal. I am a pretty anal person about image quality and I think the Sony NS725p passes my test. Do I think there are players out there that are better? Sure. But for $150 it's probably the best one currently available.

Dan.B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks