1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Can somebody please tell me why my DVD-A player does this.......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark ZA, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Mark ZA

Mark ZA Agent

I have a Panasonic A7 (the newish DVD-A player), I only got it cos I needed a player that would do R2 and R1 and my old A110 was just, well, old. I got it for half price, so I'm not worried that much about it, but my question is this:
    When I play DVD-A discs, in between every track, I can hear the disc spin-up and the Amp circuits (guessing) click in - does anybody know why this happens and what the player is doing? It makes skipping tracks take ages.
    Also, how come I cant use the number buttons on my remote to select tracks directly? I dont always want the TV on when I'm listening.
    Cheers
    Mark

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mark, I haven't noticed the delay in skipping tracks with my Technics DVD-A10. As I recall, there is a click just before it plays the track, but I don't recall an unusual delay. I always use the 'A10 with the TV on and select tracks from the on-screen menu, however, it is possible to use the number keypad like a CD player. When you place the disc in the tray, press the "play" button instead of "open/close" on the remote. This will enable you to access tracks like a CD. The drawback of this method, I believe, is that the player will default to a surround-sound track on the disc. So, I don't think you can access a stereo track in this manner. I am not certain of this as I don't use my 'A10 this way. Maybe others can clarify this matter.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime