What's new

Can permanent burn in be solved by displaying a white image for 100 hours? (1 Viewer)

smackjack23

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Pickels
I have permanent burn in on my lg plasma of the wwe and sky sports logo. Leaving screen washes on for days does not remove the logos. I read doing a 100 hour screen wash can fix this but is there a down side? I watched the wwe for a long amounts of time but had a screen saver always going on when i wasn't watching the tv but that wasn't good enough I guess.

Can the tv be permantely damged by leaving a pure white image on for really long amount of time?? I would love it so much if the burn in would go away by doing this but not if it won't work and is going to damage the tv.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-vt20-horrible-screen-burn.1466117/#post-14768721

I read about the 100 hour pure white image solution on the first page of this thread. I know screen washes are not going to fix the issue.

smackjack23

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Pickels
So what will happen if I leave it on white image for long time I am desperate

http://www.pixelprotector.com/PixelProtector_Blu_Ray_p/ppbrv2.1.htm

One of the screen washes on this is just a pure white image. So can it really be that bad to do? The theory behind it I believe is it burns a white image into the screen making burn in go away but making the overlal brightness less bright? If that is the case and it just affects the overall brightness of the tv than I am down to do it.I like the contrat set at 90 though would it totally screw up the contast?

One thing that pisses me off about this is that It looks like one of the reason this happened was because my contrast was set at 90 but my brightness was always at 50. To me the picture looked the best at 90 so why did I have to sacrifise picture quality greatly to avoid burn in?? Picture looked bad to me with contrast at low settings.

Anyways that is all beside the point anybody know if this can work?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
putting on a white field will not hurt your TV.
Your burn it will most likely fade over the passage of time. Be very careful if viewing any more wwe and sky sports

Perhaps your contrast is also put up a bit too high ?

smackjack23

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Pickels
Hi I am going to bump this topic because it is for sure I have burn in on my tv that has not gone away with leaving a ton of screen washes over months to get rid of it.

I just have not tried the full screen white image as I am afraid it will ruin the picture to an unrecoverable state.. I am just wondering if leaving a pure white image to burn into the tv screen could it destory the actual picture of the tv? I want to do whatever it take to get rid of the burn in but not destory the tv at the same time.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-vt20-horrible-screen-burn.1466117/

A post on this forum says to try the 100 hour white screen wash. Will the white image actually over top the burn in on the tv and over time erase without ruining the tv?

Please just respond if you have any experience with doing this or know as a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks