Can people cheat online playing Tony Hawk?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mike JM, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Mike JM

Mike JM Stunt Coordinator

I was playing online with my new playstation 2 network adapter that I just got. Now I'm not saying that I'm the greatest tony hawk pro skater out there, but man, a lot of these people are doing insane combos for the entire 2 minutes...then I sit there waiting for them to be done with the combo for another good minute, and they finally bust out over 8 million points for one combo!
    Are they cheating? Can they cheat? Perfect balance or something?

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

as far as I know the cheats you have active in game (perfect rale, perfect stats) CAN be used ONLINE.

3. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

This has been the critical flaw with Sony's adapter...gamesharks are used a lot, and they have ruined SOCOM, Amplitude, and anything else besides the EA Games for me. The only possible way you should even try to play a game like that online is with somebody you know ...for some reason kids never get tired of cheating online.

4. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

While cheating is possible, people in TH do get insane combos like that all the time, and you most likely weren't playing with a cheater.

5. Mike JM

Mike JM Stunt Coordinator

Ben, do any of your friends get over 8 million points in one 2 minute combo without any easy tempting cheats like perfect balance?
    I guess I'm saying that I doubt it can be done as often as I see online.
    I just wish that there was an icon on top of the person or something to tell the rest of the world that he or she has a cheat enabled.
    People love the thrill of winning, and a lot of people, when no one can find out, will cheat. They need to be tagged. As long as I know that they know that they are cheating, I don't care if they win.
    Maybe THUG will have this ability.

6. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

People cheat in THPS all the time online, thats why I am not playing it online again. I am very good at hawk, Im not the best, but I can hang with most people. But I can tell when someone else is cheating. We take turns on a horse game, I go through some sick combo that I usually get a few million for, about 2-3 million. But for some reason its only about 200, 000. Now I know some will say thats still good, but I know when I do certain moves they give certain points, then add multipliers and whatnot. But seeing some of my low scores, I know its IMPOSSIBLE for a score that low for what I pulled off. THen I see some ass go after me, do half of what I do, or do lots of stuff but without the rotations or link moves, and get five to ten times my score? I dont think so. Four vert tricks linked DOES NOT get you a million points or more unless you pull off about five grabs per launch and can rotate 1080 each time....maybe! Yes, I am a bit bitter about it. Not to mention most of the people online with this game are immature little snots too.....badmouthing when you do good and saying shit any chance they can, and its not normal trash talk, its stoopid and insensitive talk because they are stupid.....so I guess I am not much better than them on this now am i? anyways......yes people do cheat online with this game, and it is very sad that they do....because in a legitimate game of it, I would wipe the floor with most of these people

Now as for some other playeres out there....I have been on some servers that arent cheating, you can just tell when they are being true. ANd lord, I tell you there are some sick bastards out there for this game. I used to think my almost 5 million point combo was good, but I saw this dude once get a legitimate 38, 000, 000 pt combo off....no shit. I was just slackjawed. It really puts you in your place when you encounter people that good for real

7. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Was it in San Francisco that they were getting insane points? If so, then they were not really cheating. There is this one area that EVERYONE goes to in order to get huge combos.

Some people do cheat, that is for sure.

I hope that Neversoft addresess the cheating issue in THUG.