What's new

Can my RPTV be retrofitted for DVI? (1 Viewer)

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Bought my Mits. 55" RPTV 2 yrs ago (fall '02). Mits then had a "guarantee" or "promise" of "future upgradability" due to any technology changes. This was 1 addt'l factor in why I bought the Mits. I have several component hookups on it, but no DVI or HDMI. I have e-mailed them 3 times to ask w/n my set WS-55511 can by "upgraded" to support a DVI connection. I have not received any response at all. I think they are ducking me on their promise. I went back to the seller (HH Gregg), and they simply don't know and gave me a 1- 800 # that is supported by a computer.

Anyone have any similar experience? Anyone know whether DVI can be retrofitted in my situation? Am I just sol - and need to buy a new set like everyone else? I'm happy with my PQ, but still wonder whether I'll be missing anything connecting my 2910 with component rather than DVI.:frowning: Thanks.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The last I heard (and I honestly haven't paid much attention lately) was that they were committed to Firewire (IEEE1394) as their input of choice. Some of their new models show HDMI or a rare DVI input available but their upgrade promise was more for integrating an HDTV tuner into sets that didn't come with one rather than offering more inputs. At $1000 the upgrade hardly qualifies as "affordable" in my book anyway.

Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge will come forth since I no longer service Mitsubishi TVs.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, Thanks for your response. Yes, you are right, I have several fire wire connections - just nothing that operates on it. I already have a built-in HD tuner, so I guess I'm probably just out of luck if looking for DVI. I didn't know that they were not as heavy into the DVI format. Guess it's better to be satisfied with what you have, rather than thinking about what you don't.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks