Can I Use SpyderTV Report To Adjust Colors?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by James Edward, Mar 29, 2006.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

May 1, 2000
    My Mitsubishi WS-65815 has adjustments in a user menu for Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta. Does anyone know how to make sense of the color coordinates that are plotted after using the SpyderTV program?

I realized that I could probably take my calibration further after Gregg Loewen mentioned in another post that Spyder does not account for the TV's red push when setting the color control.

My question may be a little off base, but maybe someone out there knows what I mean... I'd like to get the coordinates more closely aligned by using the individual color adjustments in the user menu.

Thanks for any thoughts. If posting the results would help, let me know...
  2. craig_curtis

craig_curtis Stunt Coordinator

Dec 25, 2003
    I'd be interested to know - also about just using a colorimiter in general. I think you have to set up the spyder with a computer. Wouldn't the points be where you set it at - like maybe when you were calibrating it, you didn't quite get it close enough?

I have a Gretag Macbeth Eye-One Pro colorimiter for calibrating photo prints/monitors/cameras. So I'd like to find a way to calibrate my new TV with it....