Can I use spades with the 3802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rodon, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

I have a set of Monster Z2 biwires and was wondering if I can use the spades with the 3802 I just ordered today. I have to change the speaker ends to banana connectors so I was wondering if I have to do the same with the receiver ends.

2. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

You could use spades but it might be a tight fit. The binding posts are pretty close together on the 3802. If possible, I would recommend using bananas.

3. Eric T

Eric T Second Unit

I don't think spades will work. There are plastic pieces surrounding the base of the terminal, with openings on only two sides to slide a bare wire in.

I agree with Greg's recommendation. It took me about 15 minutes to get the speaker wires with bare ends hooked up to mine. They are really close together. If I had to do it again, I'd put banana plugs on my wires.

4. Bruce Chang

Bruce Chang Second Unit

I reccomend the banana plugs. Good choice on the 3802!

5. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

If the ends are easily changed then that would be best. I had some soldered MIT wires so I got a set of banana plugs to spade converters. They are basically banana plugs with a screw at the end so that you can tighten a spade to it. They work fine but changing the ends on your cable would be preferable.