What's new

Can I use spades with the 3802? (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
I have a set of Monster Z2 biwires and was wondering if I can use the spades with the 3802 I just ordered today. I have to change the speaker ends to banana connectors so I was wondering if I have to do the same with the receiver ends.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
You could use spades but it might be a tight fit. The binding posts are pretty close together on the 3802. If possible, I would recommend using bananas.

Eric T

Second Unit
I don't think spades will work. There are plastic pieces surrounding the base of the terminal, with openings on only two sides to slide a bare wire in.

I agree with Greg's recommendation. It took me about 15 minutes to get the speaker wires with bare ends hooked up to mine. They are really close together. If I had to do it again, I'd put banana plugs on my wires.

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
If the ends are easily changed then that would be best. I had some soldered MIT wires so I got a set of banana plugs to spade converters. They are basically banana plugs with a screw at the end so that you can tighten a spade to it. They work fine but changing the ends on your cable would be preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks