Can I use S video and component outs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Mudler, Mar 13, 2001.

1. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

I have the JBL Synthesis System (same as Lexicon DC-2) and I am curious can I use the S and Component video outs at the same time? The S video is going to the projector. I want to add a monitor in my equipment room so I do not have to walk around the corner to see what going on. I do not want to degrade the picture nor damage the processor. Thanks
    ------------------
    Luke, I'm your father

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

James
    I haven't delt with that system specifically, but Generally they are independant of each other.Should work, give it a try
    Grant
    ------------------
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.
    In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had 500 years of democracy and peace.And what did they produce?
    The cuckoo clock!"

3. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

I have done pretty much that with my system, but a little different. I go from my DVD player direct to the projector via component cable.
    I then go out of my DVD player with a video feed to the receiver and then out of the receiver via a video feed to a small monitor for setup purposes, much as you are talking about.
    I mention all of this detail as unless your processor takes a component in and then sends it to all outputs, you may have to set it up like I did. If you need the component switching through the processor, I suppose it's possible you can send both component and s-video to the processor and it will route each to the respective outputsf at the same time. I think you might just have to try to find out, unless someone happens to hop on here who has tried it.
    Deane

4. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys
    ------------------
    Luke, I'm your father