Can I use old dish

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Mendoza, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Alex Mendoza

Alex Mendoza Auditioning

I am actually asking for my father. He had a tenant who install a dish with out his permission and he looked the other way. The tenant moved out but left his dish, my father wsnt to know if he can get just a receiver and hook it up to the dish. I say get a new package since more than likely tech has imporved somewhat. I think the dish is from the Dish network.

2. carl-s

carl-s Extra

Alex,
    If the dish is available for "free" and it has a cable and LNB at the end, you should be able to use it. Their is NOTHING really special about the dishes except the DBS feedhorns might be from different companies. If everything is in tack, I would get another receiver or even a mpeg FTA and use it.
    carl
    ------------------

3. Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid Stunt Coordinator

Michelle Schmid
    Yes, he can. In fact, Dish Network has that Dish Mover promotion to encourage just such usage. The old subscriber leaves the dish, takes their receivers, and gets a deal on a new dish + free installation. The old dish is then to be used (hopefully) by the new occupants of the house who only need to buy a receiver and subscribe, thus garnering them a new customer.