Can I use my old Polks as rear surrounds with new Paradigm main/cc?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by michael_mo, Aug 8, 2003.

1. michael_mo

michael_mo Stunt Coordinator

I have Polk monitor 7c, about 15 years old. Still sound good. I plan to get Paradigm monitor 7 with the CC370 or (if i get a good deal) studio 60 v2 with the matching studio CC.
    Can I use those polks in the back, at least temporarily till I can fill up the piggy bank again and get a good set of di/bipole paradigms??

Thanks
    Mike / Ohio

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Of course you can. I have no idea how close in timbre they are to the digms, but it should work wonderfully. Ideally you'd want to match all the way around, but as a temprorary (or even permanent) solution, it should work fine.

3. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

I think that combo would be fine. I think that the Timbre matching would be much more important for the front and center though I think it is a bit over rated

4. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Timbre matching the front and center is important but not as easy as buying the speakers from the same manufacturer. Even if they have the same woofer(s) and tweeter. The location and the fact that the center may be on top of the TV is something that takes away from timbre matching.