What's new

Can I use my old Panasonic Blu ray home theater with a new boy ray player? (1 Viewer)

Bridgetem

Auditioning
Real Name
Bridget Magel
I have a Panasonic SA-BT230 home theater system, but the blu ray has stopped working. It still plays DVD's, but just not blu rays. I've cleaned it and everything, but it still doesn't work. I've been looking at new players that have WiFi, but none of them have the speaker connections that I need. Is there anyway to use the old player as a receiver with a new player? Or is there a blu ray player out there with speaker connections? I really don't want to buy a whole new home theater.

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
If your TV has more than one HDMI input, one option would be to plug the new Blu-ray player directly into the TV. If you haven't already, connect the TV's optical audio output to one of the optical audio inputs on the Panasonic HTIB.

Your TV might or might not pass surround-sound through from the disc player. Some TVs forward only stereo audio from attached devices.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Before you do all that...

Yes you need another BD player. Run HDMI into the TV and toslink to the current HTiB. It, apparently, has two toslink on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks