What's new

Can I Use Any Headset With a Cordless Phone? (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I am considering the purchase of a headset for use with my 2.4 GHz cordless (NOT cellular) phone. I happened to have a headset for my cellular phone so I plugged it into my cordless phone, but it did not work. I checked the manual of my cordless phone (Uniden 2.4 GHz) and it reads as though I have to purchase a specific Uniden headset in order for it to work.

To those of you who are knowledgeable in this area: does this sound accurate? Do I have to purchase a Uniden headset or can I purchase another type? If another type will work, what should I look for in terms of specs, since obviously some headsets do not work (witness my experience with my cellular phone headset)?

My first instinct was that there has to be some sort of "standard" for cordless phone headsets, but I was a little thrown off of that logic when my cellular headset did not work in my cordless phone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it matters what kind you get. As long as it's for cordless phones (I'm sure Uniden would like you to buy theirs, of course). I bought my headset at Radio Shack for my GE cordless (junk, by the way) and now use the same headset with my Panasonic.

The headsets for cell phones aren't compatible as far as I know... I think I tried the reverse as you did... I plugged my cordless headset into my cell to no avail.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Great - that's what I was thinking and hoping. I'm sure I can find a better and/or cheaper headset than having to buy Uniden's.

Thanks for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks