What's new

Can I use a subwoofer from a computer? (1 Viewer)

Warren1

Auditioning
Real Name
Warren
I ended up buying a cheapie home theatre system which crapped out after a year, so I went and bought a Panasonic receiver. I reused all the speakers,except for the subwoofer. The new system requires an active one and the old one was not. I also have a good set of speakers from a now defunct computer system and was wondering if I could use the subwoofer from here for the home theatre. Only immediate problem I know of is the connections. The receiver has an audio plug outlet and the sub has what looks like an PS2 connector.

Any way to make this work?

Warren

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
More than likely not. The computer Sub used the output from the sound card of the computer with a Line level voltage simular to the output of an Ipod. The Receiver output is a Line Level LFE output and You might get it to make some kind of sound with the proper adaptors to get it from RCA to the Mini Jack, but IF it would work at all you wouldn't be happy.:) If your on a tight budget look around ebay for a good used Active sub. You can probably pick up a used 8-10" sub for less than $100. :emoji_thumbsup: or check the used equipment for sale area of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks