What's new

Can I turn of VSM on Toshiba 27AF46C using service menu? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody know how to get into the service menu and once inside, turn off the Velocity Scan Modulation for a Toshiba 27AF46C?

thanks,

Chris

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I found the way into the service menu but nothing that looks like VSM to turn off. Oh well. This TV has other weird geometry issues so I think I may just grab a regular JVC 27" TV instead. The Toshiba 27" 27af46c was bought to replace a nice 20" JVC but I am pahssed off because it doesn't look better. It looks bigger, but softer. I have owned a 32" JVC before, so I know what sharp and soft looks like, at least as far as what is good and what I am willing to accept quality wise. I hope the 27" JVC is better than this Toshiba.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
What does that mean? Orion is poor? Everybody in the family could see the squiggly look to the Toshiba so I boxed it up. I picked up a nice simple 27" JVC AV-27503. It may not be a "flat screen" tube TV, but at least it looks nice and sharp, literally. Too bad the remote is lame. It is small and uses a frickin watch battery. Crappy. I have to grab another one like she had for the AV-20120. I need to find something like an RM-C381-ish...

:)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
My sister has a Toshiba 27A42 from 2002 and it has "Advanced Velocity Scan Modulation"...although it is not nearly as bad as it was on the 27AF46C.

Any clues how to turn-off the VSM on that Toshiba? I can get into the service menu the same way. The service menu looks more involved on the 27A42 than it is on the 46C.

thanx for any clues..

:)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
as far as I know, you would have to disconnect the SVM wires from the next of the crt.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Ouch. Hmmm...unless I want to open up the set..not my first and foremost idea for a fun time.

Why oh why does Toshiba use this insane tech? Why would any manufacturer? I cannot see any benefit and it makes things looks so squiggly and fuzzy. The picture looks un-deniabley soft. How could owners not hate that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks