Can I Transfer Some Mini-Disc files To A Mac?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad Vautrinot, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

Sort of a vague question but I have a ton of music files (AIFF, I assume, as they were recorded from CD's) on mini-discs. I also have a new Mac G-4 fully loaded. Can I transfer the mini-disc music selections to the Mac from the mini-disc player. I tried via the audio input jack on the back of the computer but no dice - iTunes wouldn't recognize the mini-disc player. Do I need some other special software to accomplish this? Am I asking to do the impossible? Am I just dumb and missing some easy fix?

I'm not an expert in this sort of thing, obviously, but I would really like to get these on my computer as MP3 files so I can make some CD's of these tracks.Thanks in advance.

2. MattJP

MattJP Agent

It wont import into iTunes...you will have find other software to do it with. I have used the ProTools Free version to do it before. There are some dedicated programs out there for this purpose....but I cant remember what they are for the life of me...anyway, sorry I wasnt much help...and good luck.
    -Matt

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

You can just analog recording them using the line out of your MD deck/portable and the line in on your sound card.

4. RyanRogers

RyanRogers Auditioning

Roxio's Toast program will let you record from that audio jack on the back of the computer. From your post I assume you're using the mini jack and not a soundcard, right?

5. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

That's correct, Roger, I have no soundcard and will be using the jack in the back of the computer.

Thanks to everyone for their help. It's very much appreciated.