What's new

Can I stack a receiver on top of my cd player? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I just got my cd player and I want to know if there would be any adverse affects if I stacked the receiver on top of it. My components are not top of the line if that makes a difference, so I don't think minute quality degradation should be a problem. I know you should have plenty of room for the receiver to vent heat, and I am limited on space to this but I don't want anything "bad" to happen to the receiver or the cd player. Any help is appreciated.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I would advise against this for two reasons. First receivers tend to be fairly heavy. Second, the receiver will put out considerable heat, which would be bad for the CD player.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I agree with Ken. IMO, receivers should never be stacked with another component, either above or below.
M.

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info guys. I checked and I can actually put my cd unit under my dvd player if i lower the shelf a little bit. This is actually better than my previous plan. Anything wrong with this idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks