Can I stack a receiver on top of my cd player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I just got my cd player and I want to know if there would be any adverse affects if I stacked the receiver on top of it. My components are not top of the line if that makes a difference, so I don't think minute quality degradation should be a problem. I know you should have plenty of room for the receiver to vent heat, and I am limited on space to this but I don't want anything "bad" to happen to the receiver or the cd player. Any help is appreciated.

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I would advise against this for two reasons. First receivers tend to be fairly heavy. Second, the receiver will put out considerable heat, which would be bad for the CD player.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I agree with Ken. IMO, receivers should never be stacked with another component, either above or below.
    M.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I agree with Michael and Ken. [​IMG]

5. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info guys. I checked and I can actually put my cd unit under my dvd player if i lower the shelf a little bit. This is actually better than my previous plan. Anything wrong with this idea?

6. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i do that. no problems here.