Can I replace the woofer in my Paradigm PS-1000 myself?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Coleman, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

I think I might have blown my PS-1000 today during the opening credits of Gladiator. I seen no visual damage to the woofer itself but it is making a very loud vibrating noise when I have it cranked fairly hard during the opening credits of Gladiator. It looked like it would be very simple just to put in a new woofer in the old ones spot. Does anybody reccomend doing this? If so what should I replace it with? Do you think it would sound any good? Thanks.
    Kevin C. [​IMG]

2. Eddie Peavey

Eddie Peavey Auditioning

If it is still under Paradigms warranty and you bought it from a autorized dealer or feel like maybe fighting with paradigm a little. I would bring it into a shop to hav eit fixed, you are probably going to want to get the same driver and buy having an autorized dealer do it, you are not voiding the warranty.

3. Kevin Coleman

Thanks Eddie,
    I bought it here locally about 3.5 years agofrom an authorized dealer. I am not sure how long their warranties are for Subs. I know their regular warranty for speakers is 5 years if I am not mistaken.
    Kevin C.

4. Eddie Peavey

Eddie Peavey Auditioning

I am not sure off hand, but I have my Studio CC manual around here some where, let me look...
    Ok your right abou the 5 years, sort of. Its five years on speakers, 3 on subs. Looks like you missed out a little, but even if you do it on your own, I would still get the same driver from paradigm if its not too much.

5. Kevin Coleman

Thanks for looking that up right now Eddie. I am stuck at work. I guess I will give them a call in the morning and see how much that driver will cost.
    Kevin C.