What's new

Can I put my sub right below the center speaker? (1 Viewer)

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
I think my sub might fit below my TV screen. Since I have my center speaker on top of my tv, can I put my sub right below it? Or am I better off putting the sub onto the side while still facing me.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I've never heard anyone recommend putting a sub under a tv... Usually corner loaded.

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
No no. I'm not putting it under a tv. I'm putting it in front of the tv where the speakers are on my RPTV. So the sub will actually be in front of the center speaker but positioned right below it.

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
Chip. I think Servo 15 is capable of producing enough bass to not have to corner load. I actually have never placed a sub in the corner since I like my bass to be as accurate as possible. I currently have it placed near the side wall which is usually the best of both worlds. But since I think I'll be happy with my bass output once my sub is broken in, I want the most accurate bass as possible and hence I'm considering placing it more towards the middle of the room.

The consensus ideal placement of the sub is besides the main speakers facing the same direction as the mains so usually people place it beside the tv. That's why I'm wondering that instead of placing it beside the tv, I place it in front of the tv and in a more centered position.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Like Richard, I would be extremely worried about the lack of magnetic shielding on subwoofers. As they have large magnets, it would mess up your picture and TV quite a bit.

Mal P

Stunt Coordinator
That's a very good question Howard. No doubt, some of the fallacys involved with using a high cross-over could be avoided by placing the sub dead between the front speakers. Also, it may make the "lag" effect the sub out channel exhibits less noticeable.

I'd like to know too.

Cheers,

Mal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks