What's new

Can I plug projector into monster extension cord, then plug that into monster pow bar (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I am going to ceiling mount a AE700, but I dont have a outlet on my ceiling and I assume it would be an expensive pain to get one installed up there considering my basement is entirely finished. So can I plug the projector into a monster extension cable and then plug that extension cable into the tv/monitor outlet on my monster power bar without losing any quality in the projected picture?

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I hear you. Unfortunately I already made the mistake of buying this extension cable when I first got into this hobby (live and learn) 2 years ago. Right now it is just collecting dust so I will use it if I need to. But I agree that Monster is overpriced for what you get.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
If you are successful in utilizing the male and female sockets of said devices properly, and said devices are plugged into a functional power outlet or other correct source of power such that your projector functions, then you're good to go. ;)

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
I feed power to my 300U with a 30 foot length of mostly 18 gauge zip cord. that diameter wire can handle about 500 watts safely and the projector works just fine. Don't obsess about needing 12 gauge wire to feed a projector that consumes about 150 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks