What's new

Can I mount my rear surrounds and sides this way? (1 Viewer)

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I need help with where and how to mount my left/right surround and rear surrounds on my 7.1 system. My fronts are Paradigm Signature S6 and Center – Paradigm Signature C5.
I don’t have side wall position or left/right position for wall mount surround speakers. I need to do in ceiling speaks, but the pitch of my exposed rafter ceiling/roof is a 4/12 pitch (33 dgrs). So if I mount in-ceiling speakers at that angle will I have any issue of the disbursement path/angle of the sound to where my seating is located.
The speakers I’m looking at for left and right surrounds are: Paradigm SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 and rear surrounds are: Paradigm SIG-ADP v.3 and will be mounted in ceiling at above referenced pitch/angle firing toward the setting area. Ceiling height is roughly 10ft to 12ft and the room is about 20ft deep by 24ft wide.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
First, dipole doesn't work unless you place them SPECIFICALLY where they should be...and it is preferred they go in-wall.
2nd, all four of your surrounds should be the same thing...all dipole...or not.
Edit:
And just like everything else, you'll find opinions on everything...
Anyway, those people who choose to "mix" direct and radiating, put the dipole on the sides and the direct in the rear...

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have Paradigm Studio 100 V5 along with the ADP on the sides and studio 20 in the rear. I find it creates an incredible soundstage. All dipole would be fine if all you listen to are movies but for music (multi-channel), all dipole is not the way to go (IMO).

As far as ceiling mounting goes, I'm not certain this will provide the soundstage you want. You might want to jury rig the set up to get an idea of the sound you'll get but having the surrounds at different levels than the mains, I'm sure won't be as satisfyting. Since you have the Signature series, I would make an effort to place them correctly since they are quite an investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks