1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I match the SVS PB12-NSD with a PB12-NSD/2?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jeff Adams, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Hello all. Many of you know that after many many threads and questions about subs that I have finally settled on the PB12-NSD. And settling really isn't the correct term. [​IMG] After my first weekend with it and a few movies, I can safely say that I am very happy with my purchase. This is the first time I have heard bass like this. Now with that said, a lot of us are always looking for more and I am no exception. I already planned to add a second sub a little later. I initially just wanted to add another PB12-NSD, which would probably be enough anyway. But I was wondering if I can match the PB12 NSD/2 with it? It has the same drivers so I would assume the sound would be the same, just more output right?

2. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Hi Jeff,

That is my understanding. I currently run dual 20-39 PC+ cylinders, and eventually hope to add a PB12+ (room restrictions will not accomodate a third cylinder, and the PB12+ would make a great end table). Like in your case, the PB12+ has the same driver as my current subs, so I am assuming that it would integrate well. When the time (and finances) comes, I'm gonna run that one by Ron. Welcome to the "bass-so-tight-and-accurate-that-your-pants-legs-flap" club!

3. jwill242004

jwill242004 Stunt Coordinator

If i get my new sub and immediately want to add another im gonna be pissed off

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Don't get me wrong. The one PB12-NSD is more than enough. I am just a crazy basshead and want more. I guess it is my car audio background getting the best of me. Last car audio system I had, I had 3 10's in the back of my Celica.

5. jwill242004

jwill242004 Stunt Coordinator

Before I got into all of this Home theater stuff I was a competitive car audio enthusiast. I have had numerous multi sub setups in vehicles in the past, including a cavalier with 6 JL Audio 12W6's, and a standard cab Chevy S10 with 4 12's. So as a true BASS Fiend, Im sure I wont be happy in the end either, until my roof caves in from the LFE.

6. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Well one fellow car audio enthusiast to another. Glad to meet you. [​IMG]
    I am with you. Before I got the home theater bug I was big time into car audio. In fact one of my cars is in Auto Sound and Security. Years and years ago. I bought like 10 issues to save. I used to compete ion IASCA,USAC and I think it was called CMAA. All my systems were very musical and accurate, Have a ton of 1st place trophies in my garage. The one that was in Auto Sound and Security was a 94 Ford Probe with 6 10 inch Soundstream subs and 2 Precision Power amps running them. My latest car audio set up was a 2000 Celica with 3 10 inch JL Audio W3's and Phoenix Gold amps.

Anyway, so now you know a little on why I want more. I know that in your home you will never be able to reach those spl's but I do want to try. [​IMG]

7. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Hi guys.

I've had 3 different kinds of subs. It doesn't seem to make any difference how you mix and match them. Good subs all sound pretty much alike. I could tell you more...

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jeff:

I would think that it would work just fine. The issue with multiple subs in a room vs. a car is making sure that you balanced with each other to the room. I would talk with Ron, Tom or Erik at SV Sound to their feedback on this too.

Parker

9. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Thanks Parker,

I actually talked to Eric yesterday and he thinks that the two PB12-NSD's stacked would slam. So I am leaning more that way but now am also considering the new HSU VTF3-MK3. Decisions, decisions.