Can I Make My Own Trailer DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Nov 26, 2000
    Greetings all. Thanks to some happy events at work, I'll be receiving a year-end bonus at work. I'm seriously considering upgrading my CD-RW drive (one I use is about 2 years old, and ony writes at 2x speed).

I've thought about getting a DVD-RW drive, but my only real interest in doing so is creating my own DVDs of movie trailers. Please note I am NOT talking about or advocating downloadning pirated versions or anything; I have my own DVD collection, and simply like watching trailers!

Can I do this using existing software and hardware? Additionally, will I see any loss of quality if I want to use the same drive to create audio CDS?

I'm not interested in spending a fortune, and the ability to create my own DVDs (or backup DVDs) is something I'd like, but don't HAVE to have.

2. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Jun 20, 2002
    0 will help you with all your video encoding and burning needs and questions. You can convert .mov trailers to a dvd compliant mpeg2 and other stuff I won't mention cause it's probably oooooh "illegal".
    DO get a Pioneer A05 4x burner, I got a 2x but 4x is now the same price, around $300, and even though 4x blanks are rare and expensive, it's good to have the capability for the future.