Can I hook up diff. speakers to receivers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jemi, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Jemi

Jemi Extra

Can I connect speakers that didn't come packaged with my home theater system to wherever the speakers connect to (in my case, the back of the theater's subwoofer)?

Also, I have 2 home theaters, and want to switch the two around, solely because one theater has a receiver that doesn't have any digital audio inputs (it only decodes dvds that go into it's base unit, it doesn't allow other devices to connect to it with digital sound). Would I just be better off switching each full home theater around? I don't really know how I would be able to switch only base units, because one of them has a cable that connects to the subwoofer, which has all the connections for the actual speakers. Maybe I can switch only the base units around some way, so I'd like to know. Thanks.

2. Nick Bum

Nick Bum Stunt Coordinator

Huh? Dont your speakers hook in to the pack of your amp? You have me lost buddy. I think i need a diagram or somthing.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If you are talking about HTiBs that have special connectors, then no, you probably can't change them around. If it's bare wire, you can do whatever you want as long as the "receiver" has enough power to handle the speakers.