What's new

Can I have some suggestions? I need help... (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
OK, I'm moving into my new home at the end of the year and, of course, one of my first projects will be converting my living area into a home theater setup.

I have a few questions, but first, here are the room specifications: 14'4" x 19'11". The ceiling is about 8' high. The furniture will be setup facing the length (19'11" of the room).

Now for my questions:

1) What size projection screen should I go with? Any Carada users have suggestions about their screens?

2) Wiring: How can I handle this as to hide wiring. My home is a two story townhouse, with the living area downstairs, so I don't know if hiding wiring through the celing is feasible or not.

3) With a projection screen setup, will I be able to view TV, HD-TV, and DVDs as clearly (or bettter, I hope) than I can now with my Sony rear projection HD-TV?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jay

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Can't answer #1.

#2 depends on the type of construction, but if you can snake electrical wiring, you can snake audio/visual wiring. However, you might need to hire an electrician if you are not handy at this stuff.

#3 depends on light control. If you have total light control in the room with no ambient light at all, you can get as good if not better (taking scale into account) picture than you have now. The more ambient light, the worse the picture gets. If you expect to watch during the day with light coming in from the windows, you are expecting too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks