What's new

Can I get some critique on my theater? (1 Viewer)

Jake T

Stunt Coordinator
I was just looking through Dynaudios web site and cam across this quote under their install tips section:
"With larger (i.e. floor standing) Dynaudioloudspeakers in the same applications, the distance to the rear wall should be about 3 inches (with the ports open), and there should be at least 1.2 inches free space on each side wall of the loudspeaker. There is no space requirement for the top of the speaker, as the bass port is positioned at the bottom of the cabinet."
Maybe in a cabinet is't the worst thing I could do.
Anyhow, I'm gonna see if I can trade them back for .....maybe their 1.1's. The reviews look good on these.
But......don't you think my center channel would be slightly too high?
Jake T

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Jake,
As I stated, they are floorstanding speakers. What you choose to do with them is your business but don't try to fool yourself into thinking they are being used in a proper application...they are not. As for the impedence, Dynaudio makes 4 ohm speakers. The nominal impedence doesn't mean that they do not present a difficult load. Dynaudios shine when they are fed lots of good clean power. A budget receiver (even a good one) may not be up to the task. You won't hear it at moderate levels but if you try to push the speakers they will balk. Good luck.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I must say that you do need to get those speakers out of there. You can go with the norh 4.0 home theater combo for a fraction of the cost ($850) of your current speakers. The sound is great and they will fit into your wall system. Although I agree with others that said to use the current space for software and put the speakers farther apart.
just my $0.02.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks