What's new

Can I get a recommedation for..... (1 Viewer)

KellyR

Agent
A set of 5.1 or 6.1 speakers for Around $450? Actually it doen't have to be an in-the-box set, it could be separate (i.e. Klipsche fronts, center, and surround with a infinity sub)also. I would like to have floor standing fronts but bookshelf would be fine if you know of better ones for cheap. Thanks.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Popular around these parts and under your budget:

JBL NSP1 II
$180 at buy.com

Dayton 10" powered sub
$125 at partsexpress.com

Should be under $400 by a good bit including shipping and tax. The remainder of your budget would buy stands and speaker wire.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Acoustic Research HC6 system. Four satellites, a center and a powered sub for $300-$400.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
It's strange, but put the identical drivers in a tower speaker and the price is sometimes double/tripple.

Your better values are in the smaller, monitor-style speakers and a external sub.

I just put together 5 M&K K5 speakers (scratch and dent sale for $47 each) and a used Home Theater Direct level 3 sub ($200 from someone on Craigslist). And the system sounds great for $450.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks