What's new

Can I get a good wireless home theatre for under $800? (1 Viewer)

Eric_Nathan

Agent
I am trying to find a wireless home theatre but something with good sound. In one of my rooms I already have a Sony DAV 990. That isn't wireless but I've been happy with the sound quality. I want something with that quality but wireless.

I'd rather not spend much more than $800, maybe up to $1000 max.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"wireless" speakers, even if they didn't sound reletivly bad, still have a power cable. so you'll never have a truly wireless system.

Eric_Nathan

Agent
"...wireless" speakers, even if they didn't sound reletivly bad, still have a power cable. so you'll never have a truly wireless system...."

I am not worried about the power cable. I just need the rear speakers to be wireless.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
“Wireless speakers”- easy to say, harder to do. The problems are myriad – interference-free transmissions with flat frequency response and low noise and THD characteristics, speakers that must be large and heavy to incorporate the weight of a built-in 100 watt amplifier, etc. These are some of the technical considerations that no one thinks about when they float the idea of wireless speakers.

This subject has been discussed quite a bit. Do a search on the word “wireless” on the Speakers Forum and the Basics Forum and you’ll get back plenty of information

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Philips has a sysetm you might want to check out...

LX3750 or something like that.
Take a look on their site, under audio/hometheater systems.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Under the carpet, baseboards, or in the ceiling or between the walls. Pretty simple really even if you don't own your own house. I did this in the apartment I lived in without an issue.

Apartment wise I used the baseboards and or under the carpet. Rear speaker wise there are several ways to disguise it if you are using wall mountable rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks