What's new

Can I fix my receiver? (1 Viewer)

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
My old receiver is a JVC RX-715VTN. It's just an old Pro Logic receiver, but if possible I'd still like to bring it back to life. I loaned it to a friend from work, and if she liked it she was going to use it to replace her faulty receiver. As it turns out, her receiver was fine, but the power was a problem. Her receiver would play for 4-5 minutes, then shut itself off. Mine did the same thing, only now mine doesn't work at all.

My receiver now has 2 settings - off and standby. I can't get it to actually turn on. Having limited electronics knowledge I opened mine up to look around. I found that a fuse was busted, and after striking out at Radio Shack paid over $5 to get one directly from JVC. I replaced the fuse and the results were the same. Even worse, after doing this, it promply blew the new fuse as well, so now I'm back where I started. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try?

Thanks for any help.

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
What do you mean "the power was the problem" at your friend's place? What exactly was wrong with the power at her place?

As for fuses blowing, probably something bad has happened to your power supply, and it's probably better to ditch this amplifier than to get it repaired. Also, power supply problems require the proper knowledge and tools to fix them, so if you do decide to get it fixed, take it to a certified repair shop.

-JNS

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what the problem was, but she ended up switching outlets and now her old receiver works flawlessly, so obviously the problem was something to do with the power rather than the receiver itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks