Can I expect The Outer Limits on DVD anytime?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Garrett Lundy, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Much like the subject suggests, Can I expect The Outer Limits television series to ever be released on DVD? Who owns the rights to these shows? Should I start a email campaign to show that there is intrest in classic sci-fi television? Has the series been released and nobody informed me? maybe in another region?

Yup. That about sum's up my 'The Outer Limits' questions.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Would you be referring to the incomparably superb original version of the series that played on ABC-TV in 1963-1964? Or the variable-quality Showtime-originated new series?

Put me down for the original!

3. Frank

Frank Stunt Coordinator

I spoke with a lady in Vancouver who was involved with the production of the new series and she told me they were planning on releasing it on DVD at some point.

Consider it hearsay.

I would pay to see every episode on DVD of both the original and new series.

They were both wonderful, thought provoking series'.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

If you are talking about the new series. I called the production office. They said the show is definitely being planned for dvd. But, they had no idea beyond that. It could be out in 4 months or a year or 2.

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

To clarify, I was refering to the original mid-60's ABC television series of 'The Outer Limits'. I have nothing against the newer series of the same name, and would buy those also, were they available.
    On a similar Tv/DVD wish-list, I would also like to ask the DVD God's for 'Rod Sterling's Night Galleries', But if that would be asking too much, I'd be happy with just TOL.[​IMG]

6. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    MGM should own the rights to the original Outer Limits series (as well as those to the current reincarnation), no? I believe they inherited them when MGM bought United Artists (include UA Television) in the late 70s.